INNOVATION IN IMPLEMENTING LONG-ACTING CABOTEGRAVIR + RILPIVIRINE
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (US APPLICANTS ONLY)
Using Implementation Research to evaluate novel approaches to the delivery of CAB-RPV LA for HIV Treatment in the United States
ViiV Healthcare is announcing the availability of up to five (5) one-time awards of up to $500,000 to HIV care centers in the United States (US) to better understand how to optimize healthcare services in the US to deliver Cabotegravir (CAB)- Rilpivirine (RPV) Long-Acting (LA) as treatment (if approved) for People Living with HIV (PLHIV).
This funding will support Implementation Science Research projects intended to evolve current strategies for healthcare delivery options for CAB+RPV Long-Acting ARV for HIV treatment to PLHIV
Applicants are strongly encouraged to partner with a researcher(s) with experience or expertise in Implementation Science. Collaborations between multiple providers, departments of health, and other healthcare delivery settings is also strongly encouraged.
- Implementation of alternative CAB-RPV LA delivery models in non-HIV clinic settings (i.e. alternate injection facilities, pharmacy clinics, STD clinics, etc.)
- Feasibility and Acceptability of bringing CAB-RPV LA injections to the patient (i.e. home nursing care, mobile vans, etc.)
- Addressing challenges of CAB-RPV LA delivery amongst high risk populations (i.e. Black MSM in the Southeast US, women of color, transgender people, homeless/unstably-housed PLHIV, rural settings, correctional facilities, etc.)
- Use of creative technological modalities to improve the adherence (i.e. telehealth, mobile apps, or other innovative ideas)
- Other innovative proposals (i.e. unique way to improve delivery, acceptability, and sustainability of CAB-RPV LA among high- risk populations etc.)
Letter of Intent
Beginning August 2019, the online submission will be available for applicants to submit a letter of intent on this website. The deadline to submit a LOI will be November 1, 2019 11:59PM EST.